Ubbink Ubiflex B3 Non Lead Flashing – 250mm x 12m (Black)
A sustainable solution & BBA Certified
Ubiflex is a non-lead waterproof flashing material which can be used in most applications where lead is traditionally used to provide a weatherproof junction at features such as changes of direction and materials.
- Ubiflex is manufactured by coating both sides of an aluminium mesh reinforcement with a mixture of modified bitumen and additives. The underside of the product is finished with a kraft paper and film backing. Colour granules are added to the surface, the material cooled and rolled into the required lengths.
- Up to 50% quicker to install than lead, is fully malleable, can be worked in both directions and is self-sealing if punctured.
- Not susceptible to thermal movement. aprons up to 12m long can be formed without seams or expansion joints – 8 times longer than traditional lead sheet. Consequently, there is less wastage with Ubiflex.
- Compatible with most common building materials and components, such as thermal panels, extract flues, ventilators, rooflights and flat roofing membranes including PvC single ply. stable and does not cause any unsightly staining. worked the same way as lead flashing but without the need for protective measures. it can be cut with a sharp knife or snip
- No scrap value means no risk of theft.
- Up to 50% quicker to install than lead
- Up to 80% lighter than lead, less risk of injury
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable
Ubiflex is malleable like lead, allowing it to be formed into an infinite variety of shapes, to form:
- stepped flashings
- abutment flashings
- chimney flashings
- pitched roof valley liners
- dormer window flashings
- rooflight and solar panel flashings
- Composition: Modified polyethin compound with an aluminium mesh reinforcement
- Temp resistance: -30°C to +90°C
- Min. working temp: by hand: -10°C
- With lead dresser: +5°C
Use warmed material for improved malleability at low temperatures
- Corrosion: resistant to corrosion
- Wind stability bre wind tunnel tested to 110mph (b3 only)
- life expectancy: 30 years (b3 only). Tested to methods of artificial ageing by long term exposure to Uv (a & b) radiation, elevated temperature and water. individually and incombinations of two and all three elements (b3 only).
- Guarantee: 25 years (b3 only)
- Surface treatment: Textured surface resists staining
Dimensions: 250mm x 12m
Ubiflex carries BBA certification and is approved by NHBC and Zurich insurance